£25,000 - £30,000
2nd Line Support Analyst/Systems Engineer – IT Service Desk, Support and Cloud Services Provider
£25,000 – £30,000
We are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join a busy service desk at a Dartford based Cloud Services and Support provider. This is a new position as they have the requirement for an experienced support engineer to bridge the gap between our 1st/2nd Line service desk staff and more experienced projects/infrastructure staff.
The ideal candidate will be someone with 3+ years in a support role, who is looking to progress. The role will be varied, from handling service desk calls and escalations to visiting customer sites, and working on new projects and customer migrations. The perfect candidate will be used to working a service desk environment, and should be prepared to work well in a team, taking on an advisory role to junior staff, but also able to work well independently and manage their own work load. Good communication skills and the ability to interact with clients effectively and professionally are essential.
Duties will include:
- Handling support calls and escalations from end users.
- Responding to support calls within strict SLAs.
- Handling escalations from junior service desk members and providing advice.
- Attending customer sites to resolve issues which cannot be handled remotely.
- Ensuring the smooth daily running of our infrastructure and performing maintenance as required.
- Programming and installing VoIP handsets at customer sites.
- Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016 administration and maintenance.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- VMWare vSphere 5.x-6.x understanding and familiarity.
- Configuration and management of routers, firewalls and switches and networking diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Experience in a service desk environment and with a ticketing system is preferable.
- Experience or exposure to Citrix XenApp and Citrix Netscaler.
- Experience of VoIP telephony.
Industry certifications are desirable but not essential.
Full UK driving license is desirable.
SENIOR RECRUITMENT COSULTANT
TEL: 01322 293 286
Download application form
Apply for this job
472 total views, 9 views today