Job – Accounts Office Manager
Salary – £24k circa
Location – Rochester
My client is an engineering company and they are looking to recruit an Accounts Office Manager to manage the company’s day to day accounting and provide financial management reports via SAGE.
Also to provide supervision management to the accounts’ office team In addition to maintaining the Company’s accounting records, you will produce and present financial information and provide support relating to all aspects of the company’s finances. In particular, you will be specifically responsible for:
- The day-to-day financial operations of the company including payroll, invoicing, payments, banking, VAT and other transactions.
- Monitor cash flow.
- Manage and maintain working relationships with clients and suppliers, senior management and employees.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Financial Management to be the main point of contact for all financial matters for the company.
- Prepare and publish monthly financial information for the company.
- Develop and maintain detailed reports and processes to provide timely, relevant and accurate information in order that financial performance can be monitored against the company’s targets, budgets and key objectives. This will require a high level of IT skills and the ability to clearly communicate financial issues.
Other key areas
- To use sound judgement to identify work priorities and manage own time to meet challenging deadlines. This will often mean adapting to new requirements and making decisions without reference to others.
- You will have supervisory responsibility for the company’s accounts office administrator and will be required to delegate tasks to this person and supervise their completion.
- To complete ad-hoc tasks as directed and support the Managing Director as and when required.
Essential criteria Experience & knowledge: -
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a financial management environment.
- A sound knowledge of financial systems and procedures. Skills:
- An effective communicator both in person and in writing.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and build strong working relationships at all levels of seniority.
- Effective user of IT including Excel, Word, Outlook, SAGE
- Able to manage own workload and be an effective organiser and planner.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and numerical skills
- Desirable criteria Qualifications: -
- A professional accountancy qualification i.e. ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or ATT Experience & knowledge: -
- Previous Supervisory or Management of an accounts office
SENIOR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
TEL: 01322 293 286
Finance & Accounting
Download application form
Apply for this job
365 total views, 3 views today