£22,000 - £27,000
Assembler (Tool room)
£22,000 – £27,000
Our client are a leading provider of solutions for weapon design, production and mounting requirements for Infantry, AFV, and Naval platforms. Due to continued growth they are looking for an Assembler (Tool room) to join their team.
The Assembler will assemble complete weapons, their sub-assemblies and other ancillary equipment to comply with the requirements as set out on job cards, works orders, drawings, quality procedures, work instructions and other specified requirements, as directed by the Management. This post reports to the Assembly Manager.
Duties will include:
- Working in a `toolroom’ environment with experience of using the following equipment: Surface Grinders, Milling, Turning & Drilling centres.
- Working from engineering drawings (metric & imperial)
- Using measuring equipment i.e. Micrometers and Vernier Calipers etc.
- Correctly identifying parts and assembling into the various assemblies used in the production of all the company’s products
- Identification and rectification of problems.
- Working as part of a team as well as working unsupervised
- Ensuring all work undertaken in-house is conducted in a manner to comply with the requirements of the company’s Quality Manuals, Work Instructions, Health and Safety Instructions as well as all legal obligations pertaining to the safe handling and storage of armaments/weapons under the Company Section 5 approval
- Maintaining the workplace in a clean and tidy state at all times
- Supporting the company in all appropriate areas of its business when the need arises as instructed by management, under supervision if necessary.
- Any other reasonable adhoc duties that may be required.
- Must be able to operate `toolroom’ equipment
- The physical ability to carry out manual handling tasks
- The ability to follow processes accurately
- Strong attention to details
- Good numeracy skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Enthusiasm, professional attitude and willingness to learn
- Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck
SENIOR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
TEL: 01322 293 286
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
373 total views, 3 views today