Assistant Mechanical Estimator
We are currently working with a well-established Building services company who due to continued growth, they are looking for an assistant mechanical estimator to join their estimation team.
As an assistant Mechanical estimator you will be required to carry out the following:
- Accurately quantify materials, plant and labour requirements for allocated projects.
- Ensure that for pre-designed projects, enquiries relative to the supply of materials, plant and labour are satisfactorily dealt with and that relevant information, contractual and trading particulars are distributed.
- Attend and contribute at tender stage/strategy design innovation meetings.
- Undertake the assessment of tender bids.
- Prepare estimate by hand or utilising computer aided systems including input of data, ensuring that appraisal procedures are adhered to throughout.
- Produce summary sheet and associated documents and presentation of the package for tender adjudication to meet deadlines.
- Prepare client documentation on completion of tender, including production of associated correspondences.
- Prepare post-tender reports.
- Prepare files to laid-down standards.
- Attend and contribute to mid and post-tender interviews.
- In relation to preparation of tenders, attend site surveys and liase with other departments, suppliers and subcontractors to tender submission stage.
- Negotiate lowest prices with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Undertake any other duties as requested from time to time that fall within the scope of the position.
- Work safely in accordance with the company’s current health and safety policy and procedures
- The main objectives of the Estimating Department are to achieve a monthly acceptance rate that matches the company’s target turnover: this will be one of the measures for the performance of the department.
SENIOR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
TEL: 01322 293 286
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
181 total views, 17 views today