£20,000 - £25,000
£20,000 – £25,000
Our client are a leading provider of solutions for weapon design, production and mounting requirements for Infantry, AFV, and Naval platforms. Due to continued growth they are looking for an CNC Setter/Operator to join their team.
This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager
Duties will include:
- Setting and operating any of the companys VMC CNC machines, as required.
- Performing First Off`s, checking dimensional quality & amending machine settings in pursuit of component design requirements.
- Operating to an acceptable production target whist maintaining a high standard of quality where right-first-time is paramount.
- Maintaining computer records on tool usage relating to barrel & other matched machined parts.
- Setting up and operating all types of manual machining equipment, covering milling, turning, grinding and marking processes.
- Essential Skills
- EMD experience would be advantageous
- Previous experience as a CNC Setter Operator with both Fanuc and Heidenhain based CNC programming.
- Experience in the use of One CNC
- Experience in the manipulation and modification of customers CAD models where required.
- An excellent attention to detail & mechanical dexterity when dealing with small precision parts.
- Problem identification and rectification.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and comprehension of geometric tolerancing.
- Good working knowledge of both ISO 9001 and AS9100 Quality Systems.
- Good communication skills with appreciation of supporting department Design, Purchasing & Inspection needs.
- A high level of proactivity and problem solving both as an individual & as part of a team.
- An understanding and knowledge of CNC turning would also be desirable, but not essential – training will be given.
- The physical ability to carry out manual handling tasks
- The ability to follow processes accurately
- Strong attention to details
- Good numeracy skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Enthusiasm, professional attitude and willingness to learn
- Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence would be advantageous
SENIOR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
TEL: 01322 293 286
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
447 total views, 14 views today