6 month contract
We are working with a leading paper supplier and they are looking for an Engineering manager to join them on a 6 month contract.
As an engineering manager you will lead the engineering department and provide cost-effective and efficient service to maximize performance of installed plant, equipment, site services and facilities where safety is front of mind.
- Set and lead the site engineering strategy in a highly complex manufacturing environment aligned to the 5 year business plan
- Drive the engineering organisation to world class via an effective asset care process across the site demonstrating an increased predictive and proactive output and culture
- Ensure site compliance to all required legislation and corporate standards as well as building robust structures that drive improvements in safety behaviours
- Leader in key elements of the site safety obligations
- Reduce energy spend and explore new technologies to reduce energy cost per tonne.
- Always act and behave in a way compliant with all company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct.
- Support the behaviour of working with other sites, sharing best practice and collaborating with colleagues outside of own sphere of business.
- Ensure full participation in the performance development review (PDR) process and maintain an up to date record of all training and development activities/programs.
- Our organisation values are:
- Act with integrity
- Be open to change
- Take Responsibility
- Excel in what we do
- Work together
Qualifications and Experience
- The Job Holder requires to be qualified to degree level (Chartered Engineer or membership of recognised business Institution preferred) or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline, and have an experience at senior level in the maintenance of heavy rotating plant and equipment
- Ideally holds a current NEBOSH General certificate
- Experience in heavy manufacturing (Paper, Steel, Glass, Board, etc) with diverse set of engineering challenges and responsibilities is a must for this role
- Demonstrable success / experience driving Autonomous Maintenance/Preventative Maintenance/EEM pillars within a World Class Manufacturing framework
- Must be able to demonstrate formation of a vision, have the courage to challenge the status quo and the discipline to see it through
- As a proven leader, will be able to demonstrate a natural ability to bring the team and key stakeholders with him/her
- Additional qualifications and experience in a second engineering discipline and a formal management qualification would be of benefit
- Experience of leading in a unionised environment.
- Experience and good understanding of high pressure steam systems, compressed air and power generation through gas turbines including the legislation.
SENIOR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
TEL: 01322 293 286
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
499 total views, 3 views today