Paddock Wood, England
Up to £27,000
IT Support Analyst
Up to £27,000
We are working with a client and they are looking to add an IT Support Analyst to join their team. As an IT Support Analyst you will provide IT helpdesk (2nd Line) support covering 450 + users across multiple sites, performing daily network tasks, maintenance of all systems and networks and offering advice on software and systems to ensure the IT service is consistent and adequately supported and the business continuity strategy is implemented.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- To install, maintain, and upgrade all IT related equipment across the business
- To provide general support and excellent service to all users and to deal with support queries effectively and in good time in order to reduce staff downtime.
- Ensure that company servers are up and running and that systems have been backed up with appropriate documentation completed in order for files to be easily restored upon request and that in the event of IT system failure all computer based information held by the company can be fully restored guaranteeing business continuity.
- To maintain, secure, upgrade and repair systems to ensure the business is running efficiently and to safeguard against failure of the system.
- To install maintain, repair, upgrade all telephone equipment and ensure the IT department provide an uninterrupted efficient service of communication.
- Support and train new colleagues to the department ensuring that they are fully aware of system backup procedures and the importance of effective teamwork within the department.
- Ensure all support calls are responded to in a timely manner and project work is completed on time as per IT project schedule.
- Audit current IT policies and systems to ensure that all software within the business is up to date, fully licensed and disposed of appropriately, with costs spread evenly throughout the business and trace ability paperwork completed therefore conforming with FAST regulations and guaranteeing that the Fresca IT system operates within legal boundaries.
- Set-up and remove user accounts from the network according to the starters and leavers list supplied by human resources, maintaining strict security and limited access to the computer network of the business.
- Maintain asset tracking system and documentation, ensuring all assets are correctly allocated to the right areas, to ease traceability and recharge costs.
- Providing weekend support on a rota basis.
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of IT software
- Flexible attitude with strong customer focus
- Strong interpersonal skills and a courteous manner with the ability to explain technical issues in non-technical language to customers
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload
- IT qualifications and customer service experience, preferably with regard to ITIL frameworks
- A curiosity and keen interest about emerging technologies
- An aptitude for problem solving and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the services provided within the IT Support team.
Key performance indicators:
- Maximum 1 day response on any helpdesk tickets
- Discipline in maintaining accurate asset information
- Meticulous attention to detail
Technical / professional qualifications:
- IT Degree or equivalent is essential
- Active Directory, DNS & DHCP
- Working knowledge of Windows OS and Microsoft Office Products (including MS SharePoint)
- ITIL Foundation Certificate desirable
SENIOR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
TEL: 01322 293 286
Download application form
Apply for this job
295 total views, 2 views today