Royal Tunbridge Wells, England
£20,000 - £22,000
Legal Secretary – Litigation
£20,000 – £22,000
Are you an experienced Legal Secretary, particularly within Litigation, looking for a local role within a fantastic well-regarded firm in Tunbridge Wells?
Ideally you will have experience within the areas of Commercial Litigation and Family Law
You should be highly organised and have the ability to apply attention to detail in all areas of your work, producing accurate typing from digital dictation.
You will need to be enthusiastic about your career and have a good work ethic, alongside flexibility and adaptability. In addition, you will also have a high standard of client care and effectiveness.
Main Objectives of the Role
- To act as a point of contact for the Litigation team.
- To provide direct secretarial and administrative support to the team (both Litigation and Family) to enable the fee-earners to operate at optimum efficiency.
- You are expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative
- To ensure you are sufficiently trained on the case management system to be able to fully utilise the available features of the department module.
- Prepare correspondence and documents generally via digital dictation.
- Answer telephone calls promptly in a polite and confident manner, taking clear and precise messages for time submission to the relevant fee-earner.
- Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the firm’s procedures and Lexcel compliancy.
- Prepare Court documents
- Prepare bundles for court/counsel
- Prepare mail and enclosures for despatch.
- Ensure that all copying is done.
- Make appointments, arrange meeting rooms and maintain an up to date Outlook Calendar for your fee-earners
- Provide support to other secretaries/departments as required.
- To act as first point of contact for all clients who either telephone in to the department or come into the office in person, taking relevant information and passing promptly to the Department Manager who will decide who will act.
- To arrange fee-earning department meetings and take minutes.
- To supervise temporary secretarial staff and work experience placements.
- To liaise with IT and provide basic IT support and training to other members of the department
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients documentation and information.
My client is keen to interview immediately with a view to starting as soon as possible so please send your CV for immediate consideration
SENIOR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
TEL: 01322 293 286
Download application form
Apply for this job
193 total views, 13 views today