£18,000 - £21,000
£18,000 – £21,000
We are working with a telecoms provider and due to expansion and growth, an opportunity has arisen in their Engineering department. They are looking for an enthusiastic individual to fill a Network Engineer role and work alongside our existing team of engineers reporting to the Technical Services Manager in a busy and thriving environment.
As one of their Network Engineers, you will be exposed to a variety of technical solutions enabling you to provide support to our customers via email, telephony and other support tools and methods.
This role is ideally suited to an individual with a very broad knowledge of networking and troubleshooting methods. This will be a challenging role with significant opportunity for skills development and career progression.
This position requires a strong, persistent, organizational and analytical person to take in information on how the company’s business solutions are implemented and applied in the real world.
The successful network engineer will have some experience with supporting LAN/WAN networks, in a NOC or ISP environment. The ability to easily adapt to advancing technology is imperative as is a strong understanding of networking fundamentals and routing protocols.
Communication skills (both verbal and written) are a pre-requisite for this role as well as the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Duties and responsibilities
- Day to Day troubleshooting and support of customer faults and equipment.
- Day to Day network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources
- Day to Day maintenance of the company’s core network.
- Designing and implementing new solutions whilst improving current services resilience
- The configuration of routing and switching equipment, firewalls, VoIP devices
- Compliance with company information security policies and procedures, reporting incidents and ensuring necessary security procedures or activities are completed
- Provide OOH On-Call Support for customer networks when needed.
- Dealing with customer queries within SLA and OLA for internal departments
- Capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within our data centres
- Logging queries and raising incidents with 3rd party suppliers and vendors
Required competencies (Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Attitude)
- Strong knowledge of networking fundamentals incl. the OSI model
- JNCIA certification as a minimum
- Hands-on experience with Juniper ACX and SRX series
- Proven ability to operate in pressurised situations and successfully handle multiple priorities at any given time
- An excellent customer service focus
- Demonstrable technical aptitude and willingness to pick up and develop new skill sets
- Broad knowledge of TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, WANs, VoIP and Firewalls
- An interest in next generation networking technologies and hardware
- A strong team player with the ability to work individually when required.
- Ability to function in a flexible working pattern where required.
- Plain common sense
- Previous experience working in a telecoms environment and/or ISP
- Data centre Operations knowledge such as patching and cabling installation
- Basic knowledge of RIPE policies and procedures
- Experience of configuring/provisioning and troubleshooting a mix of technologies including Fibre, Copper, xDSL and EFM across Cisco/Juniper platforms.
- CCNA certified with hands-on experience of Cisco ASAs and routers
SENIOR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
TEL: 01322 293 286
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
514 total views, 11 views today