£50,000 - £55,000
£50,000 – £55,000
Our client are an award winning Specialist international HVAC manufacturing company and due to continued growth they are looking for an Operations Manager to join their team.
As the Operations Manager you will manage the company’s Operations including Production, Manufacturing and Group Supply Chain from suppliers through to inventory and logistics and to provide the best possible service to “internal customers”.
To ensure that the right products and services are available at the right time for the minimum overall cost. Supply Chain Management includes Procurement, Inventory Control and Logistics.
To create ongoing genuine cost savings for the Company through efficient supply chain management and by identifying and implementing manufacturing efficiencies within the business.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Effective Management of the company’s Production Issuing Team.
- Production loading planning to ensure equipment is issued to manufacture in accordance with Project requirements.
- Responsibility for all of the company manufacturing.
- Working closely with UK Supervisor to ensure a disciplined and professional workforce is maintained.
- Working Closely with Commercial Director and Contracts Manager on Resource planning ensuring adequate resource is available to execute existing and future projects.
- Identifying and implementing Manufacturing efficiencies.
- Utilising most up to date manufacturing methods to ensure the company remains competitive in the market place
- Ensuring manufacturing assets are adequately maintained and serviced, working with Commercial Director to identify any gaps in manufacturing equipment
- To establish agreements with key suppliers to ensure the company achieves the best possible prices and service for common materials and components such as damper controls.
- To ensure Company Terms and Conditions of Purchase provide the maximum protection for the Group and are accepted and adopted by all key suppliers.
- To constantly investigate alternative suppliers for materials and components on a worldwide basis. Examples include fans, coils and valves.
- To work with Project Managers to evaluate and negotiate the best possible terms of purchase on individual projects, and then to assist with monitoring and control of sub vendors.
- To work closely with Project Managers and Production to ensure that materials and components are available when required, not early affecting cash and storage and not late causing delays.
- To establish and develop procedures and IT systems used by Group offices to ensure a fully coordinated approach to the Procurement function.
- To manage the operations of the UK Buying team.
- To ensure that the Group are protected by and can if possible take advantage of currency exchange and fluctuations.
- To be actively involved in the procurement and justification of Capital Expenditure Items – Motor Vehicles, Machinery, IT Equipment and systems etc.
- To carry out regular supplier evaluations and appraisals in association with the Group QHSE Manager.
- To minimise inventory levels held on a Group basis but ensure that materials are available when required. This may involve centrally held stock, consignment stock or stock held at individual manufacturing locations.
- To manage the operations of the UK Material Control team including stores facilities, security, waste handling and the accuracy of Inventory data.
- To coordinate and optimise the movement of materials, components and finished goods between individual company locations.
- To oversee the packing, transport and shipping of the company’s finished goods to customers on a worldwide and Project specific basis.
Key Skills Required / Education & Experience / Other Requirements:
- Ability to use MS Excel and Word to successfully run and manage projects
- Good communication skills (via telephone, face-to-face and email)
- Good organisation and interpersonel skill
- Recognised qualification in manufacturing or engineering
- Proven manufacturing background
- Experience with CNC Laser Machines and Stainless Steel Fabrication techniques is desired.
- Experience of Welding processes and procedures is desired.
- Previous experience of procurement and logistics work on large project and product manufacture
- Experience with modern manufacturing techniques, LEAN Manufacturing and Six Sigma an advantage.
- Conscientious, affable
- Be willing & able to mentor in an effective manner
- Organised and able to communicate
SENIOR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
TEL: 01322 293 286
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
303 total views, 2 views today