£20,000 - £25,000
£20,000 – £25,000
We are working with a client who manufacture electronic connectors, they are looking for a Quality Engineer to work at their new facility in Edenbridge.
- To assist the Quality Manager with our AS9100 Quality Management System, and to develop / implement procedures and processes in line with business requirements/plans.
- Assist in carrying out internal quality audits and help maintain the company quality approval status/maintain records accordingly.
- Provide H & S/Environmental resource within the company and support the Quality Manager in meeting the business and legal obligations in this matter.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist the Quality Manager to maintain and develop a Quality Management System to satisfy the pertinent requirements of national/international standards and agreed customer quality conditions.
- Encourage and promote a quality culture throughout the business and implement best practice whenever possible to achieve the company quality objectives.
- In support of the Quality Manager, measure the company quality performance by the use/gathering of relevant data and, by use of statistical analysis and competent IT skills, generate reports and charts etc. to provide Key Performance Indicators to the business/ Snr. Managers as required.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers, both external and internal, regarding quality issues and provide support to manufacturing in any trouble shooting exercises.
- Carry out internal audits as per issued schedule or as directed by the Quality Manager, plus as required carry out external audits on suppliers as deemed necessary.
- Support the Quality Manager in identifying any quality failures in the process and highlight any training needs as deemed necessary.
- Be part of and provide support to the continual improvement process and embrace the principles of Lean Manufacturing as applied to the business.
- Assist and support the Quality Manager in any quality cost reduction initiatives.
- Assist/support, as and when required, re Testing and Final Inspection of AirBorn components and assemblies.
- Carry out routine and patrol inspections.
Health & Safety and Environment:
- Provide support and assistance in respect of the companies H & S Management System and ensure that the company meets its obligations both legally and policy wise to provide i) a healthy and safe working environment. ii) Fire Safety. iii) carry out Risk Assessments.
- Assist in maintaining the company Environmental Management System to ensure compliance with current National and Local legislation.
- Provide assistance and to investigate and report any incidents relating to any H & S and Environment issues.
- The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and the Quality Engineer may be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities, from time to time, as directed by the Quality Manager, General Manager or Director.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Good sound education, with a satisfactory level in English, maths and physics/chemistry.
- Formal technical engineering /student apprenticeship, minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Quality role, working within an ISO 9001 and/or AS/EN 9100 environment.
- Further education to HNC level or similar is desirable.
- Demonstrate good/competent IT skills with experience in the SAGE 200 business system preferable.
- Come from an electronics/electromechanical background preferably with some hands on manufacturing / Inspection experience with connectors or cable harnessing.
SENIOR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
TEL: 01322 293 286
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
180 total views, 12 views today