£30,000 - £40,000 per annum
£30,000 – £40,000 per annum
Due to continued growth our client, a subcontractor across a variety of industries including Agricultural, Medical, Leisure and Lighting, due to exceptional growth and new customer and contract requirements they have an opening for the position of Quality Manager .
Their continual investment in technology means they are capable of turning 2mm to 250mm on CNC fixed and sliding head twin spindle Mill/Turn Centres. They also have CNC vertical machining capacities up to 1060 x 600 x 600, all in house at our 8400sq.ft. Site in Surrey.
We have a Policy of Right first time every time, and customer satisfaction at every interaction
As a key role within the company this position is perfect for someone looking for an opportunity to unify existing quality practices bring the company back to recognised standards, they are searching for a candidate that is looking to be influential in change and helping to drive a small sub-contract engineering company to the next level
You will be smart, organised with an eye for detail, a natural problem solver with a keen interest in making a difference and improving efficiency and quality through teamwork and co-operation and excellent communication skills
Overall responsibilities for Quality within the company, including:
- Bringing the company to the level of ISO 9001: 2015 standard
- Ensuring procedures and policy is adhered to, both daily and by internal auditing
- 1st off, last off and inspection reports
- Calibration of instrumentation
- Training staff on quality issues
- Talking to customers regarding quality issues
Driving continuous improvement:
- Health & Safety Procedures
- 5s improvement
- Working practice
- KPI Monitoring and Reporting
- Working with and reporting to the Managing Director on Quality issues
- Motivating staff and identifying potential and requirement for further training
- Day to day management of the QMS
Skills will include:
- Implementation, Monitoring and improving of QMS in particular ISO9001
- Internal Auditing, KPI monitoring and Report Writing.
- Inspection techniques in mechanical Engineering/Machining environment
- Identifying and working with customers to fulfil their specific quality requirements
- Ability to read engineering drawings and comprehension of geometric tolerancing.
- Quality Planning skills looking ahead to potential issues
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communicator with Manager, Employee and Customer alike
- Show a high level of proactivity and problem solving both as an individual & as part of a team.
- A driver of change and ability to influence others
- Self-starting and motivated
- An excellent attention to detail when dealing with small high value parts.
SENIOR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
TEL: 01322 293 286
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
184 total views, 19 views today