£35,000 - £40,000
£35,000 – £40,000
We are working with a client who manufacture electronic connectors, they are looking for a quality manager to work at their new facility in Edenbridge.
- Developing and maintain the quality management system in accordance with the company accreditation requirements and business strategy
- All aspects of Health and Safety within the company and environmental requirements.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and develop a Quality Management System to satisfy the requirements of pertinent national/international standards, the company strategy and customer quality requirements.
- Promote a culture of quality and continuous improvement throughout the business and encourage the use of best practice to help achieve company quality objectives.
- Collate, monitor and report on the company quality performance using statistical analysis and circulate the results as measured against the agreed Key Performance Indicators.
- Monitor national/international standards and customer quality requirements and communicate any changes to the relevant departments to ensure on going compliance.
- Plan and manage departmental activities in accordance with agreed budgets and timescales.
- Manage all direct reports within the department.
- Responsible for ensuring timely response to customer complaints and generating necessary reports regarding corrective and preventive actions.
- Liaising with suppliers regarding quality issues including the approval of new suppliers.
- Develop, plan and implement internal audit programme to satisfy the company accreditation level/authority.
- Monitor developments in quality systems/requirements and ensure that the relevant personnel are or will be trained accordingly.
- Act as a project/programme controller, as and when directed by the Managing Director or General Manager.
- Developing Automatic Test Equipment test programmes.
- Be aware of ITAR and familiar with UK export control requirements in support of the Managing Director and General Manager.
- Organise and chair the regular Management Review meetings generating and distributing the meeting minutes.
- Provide input into customer enquiries/quotations and customer purchase order contract reviews as and when necessary.
- Responsible for the training of direct reports, as and when required, to ensure necessary skills are available/maintained within the department.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum HND in engineering, preferably electrical/electronic based and with at least 3 years’ experience as a Quality Engineer with management or supervisory experience. Alternatively a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Senior Quality Engineer with departmental responsibilities and working within an aerospace manufacturing environment. Have worked in an EN 9100 accredited organisation supplying electrical products to the civil aerospace market.
- Have good IT skills and a good communicator at all levels within the business and with customers and suppliers.
- Familiar with and capable of developing Statistical Process Control processes.
- Be capable of providing reports as required within the aerospace industry. (5Y/8D etc.)
- Have experience with, and a commitment to, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement with knowledge of 5S and Kaizan techniques.
SENIOR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
TEL: 01322 293 286
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
193 total views, 10 views today