I am recruiting for a Senior Accountant on behalf of my client, a successful law firm based in the Maidstone area.
This is a fantastic role working for a firm with strong aspirations of growth within newly refurbished premises in the centre of town.
Working with the Financial Controller your role will be to ensure the efficient day to day running of the finance function, including day to day compliance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules, cash forecasting and management accounting.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include:
- Ensuring adherence to the Solicitors Accounts rules and safeguarding client monies
- Ensuring that all internal controls are adhered to and developing the controls to ensure that the finance function becomes more and more efficient
- Aiding with the reporting of the company to all stakeholders, including preparation of the monthly board pack within three working days of the month end, annual statutory accounts fit for audit and internal reporting
- Assisting with month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual budget for approval and updating the model on a monthly basis
- Developing systems both in finance and throughout the company to drive efficiencies, stronger internal controls and cost savings
- Full analysis of time, and WIP, debtors to maximise the cash flow for the company, liaising with the Senior team and tam leaders on the same
- Preparation of VAT returns and liaison with HMRC
- General day to day finance activities and ad hoc projects as required
Ideally you will have a good knowledge of management accounting and financial accounting, have strong excel skills, be able to demonstrate commitment to and focus on quality, promoting high standards to consistently improve customer outcomes
You will also be bring an external perspective to help transform an internally focused culture, value diversity and difference, be passionate about customer focus and the pursuit of operational excellence through partnerships and operate with integrity and honesty.
The salary on offer is negotiable dependent upon experience and the firm also offer a comprehensive range of benefits.
My client is keen to interview so please get in touch if you would like to discuss further or send your CV without delay.
SENIOR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
TEL: 01322 293 286
Finance & Accounting
Download application form
Apply for this job
362 total views, 15 views today