Our client are an award winning Specialist international HVAC manufacturing company and due to continued growth they are looking for a Senior Buyer to join their operations team.
They are looking for a Proactive purchasing professional with extensive manufacturing and engineering procurement experience required to support the UK Operations Manager and other company offices.
To create ongoing genuine cost savings for the company through efficient contract negotiations and management of suppliers, to challenge the status quo and to constantly seek alternative solutions.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To establish and maintain agreements with key suppliers to ensure company achieves the best possible prices and service for common materials and components such as (but not limited to) controls, fans & coils etc, raw materials and consumables.
- To ensure Company Standard Terms and Conditions of Purchase are implemented with suppliers and/or individual Project terms as required.
- To constantly investigate alternative suppliers for superior and cost effective materials and components on a worldwide basis.
- To negotiate and place supplier Purchase Orders ensuring that company authorisation procedures and limits are applied, and to work with the Finance Team to approve invoices or resolve disputes.
- To work with Project Managers to evaluate and negotiate the best possible technical and commercial terms of purchase on individual projects, and then to place Purchase Orders and assist with monitoring and control of sub vendors.
- To support the Operations Manager by overseeing the activities of the UK Buying team, including Supplier selection, price/delivery negotiations, expediting and monitoring
- To be actively involved in the procurement and justification of Capital Expenditure Items – Motor Vehicles, Machinery, IT Equipment and systems etc.
- To be involved in regular supplier evaluations and appraisals in association with the Group QHSE Manager.
- To work with Suppliers to minimise inventory levels held on a Group basis, but to still ensure that materials and components are available when required.
Key Skills Required / Education & Experience / Other Requirements
- Ability to use MS Excel and Word to successfully run and manage projects
- Fabrication/manufacturing/engineering purchasing experience advantageous
- Additional languages advantageous
- Competent end user of Sage50.
- Good communication skills (via telephone, face-to-face and email)
- Good organisation and interpersonal skill
- Recognized qualification in Procurement
- Previous experience of procurement and logistics work on large project and product manufacture
- Manage suppliers effectively
- Working knowledge of steel grades
- Strong negotiator and commercially astute
- Technical back ground/education
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Conscientious, affable
- Organised and able to communicate
SENIOR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
TEL: 01322 293 286
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
491 total views, 11 views today