Solicitor – Private Client
I am looking for an experienced solicitor to join the Private Client and Estate Administration dept. of an extremely high regarded law firm based in the Orpington, Kent area.
You will need to have a minimum of 3 years PQE and be experienced working on your own varied caseload of wills, probate, LPA’s, trusts and estate planning etc.
Reporting to the Head of Department your main aim will be to earn fee income for the firm by providing a high quality service to clients.
Maintaining the highest standards of professional practice and ethics and operating within Law Society guidelines
Confidentiality of the clients and the Firms information
Consistently positive, courteous and helpful.
Complying with the Firm’s policies and procedures.
Keeping up-to-date with changes and developments in area of expertise.
Maintenance and compliance with Quality Standards.
- To provide high quality legal advice and services to clients including:
- Interviewing clients to take instructions.
- Advising clients and discussing plans and progress.
- Providing relevant documents.
- Keeping client and matter files in good order and ensuring that all information is recorded thoroughly and accurately.
- Dealing with clients’ queries and problems promptly and efficiently, either face-to-face or on the telephone.
- Keeping clients fully informed about their matter.
- Complying with quality standards set and with departmental procedures, when handling all matters.
- To deal with all client matters delegated by the Department Head and to keep the Department Head updated about progress. To discuss any problems or uncertainties before taking action and to inform the Department Head immediately if any complains or expressions of dissatisfaction are received.
- To bill clients regularly and assist in any necessary action for recovery of debts.
- To record time spent on billable and unbillable activities as a regular and routine activity, ensuring timesheets are sent to the Accounts Department when scheduled.
- To follow the Firm’s procedures for dealing with file management, including opening and closing files and storing information and documents.
- To comply with policies and procedures set out in the Office Handbook or elsewhere and observe administrative instructions.
- To supervise any staff who report directly to the Fee Earner, eg Secretary and, if requested, to carry out appraisals. To pass on relevant information and instructions and to develop and maintain good working relationships. To support and assist training, where appropriate, and to provide a working environment which is encouraging and motivating. To be aware of and look for opportunities for development for staff who report directly to the Fee Earner.
- To co-operate with colleagues at all levels and to demonstrate a positive approach to suggestions, to change and to problems.
- To organise and manage own workload effectively and efficiently, ensuring that time spent is productive and well-spent.
- To meet regularly with the Department Head/Supervisor and assist in the preparation of agreed personal targets and objectives. To work towards the achievement of such objectives and ensure any problems are identified and discussed in time to take remedial action.
- To attend and participate fully in meetings and training sessions as requested. To discuss with the person to whom they are responsible, or with the Training Partner, their training needs and opportunities for development.
- To attend marketing activities and connected social functions as requested and to assist in the promotion of the firm’s plans and programmes.
- To be aware of the importance of any opportunities for developing positive public relations (including involvement in the community and other outside activities) and to promote and raise the profile of the firm and its services whenever appropriate.
- To maintain a good standard of personal presentation consistent with meeting and assisting clients and projecting the Firm’s image to all visitors.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with Partners and staff and to support the Partners in providing a quality service and projecting the right image of the Firm to clients.
- To carry out any other function within the job holder’s general range of capability as requested by the Department Head/Supervisor or Partners.
You will need to be a Qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive with at least 3 years PQE.
The salary is negotiable dependant on experience and the firm also offer excellent benefits including generous holiday allowance, discretionary bonuses, quarterly staff lunches and a full staff benefits scheme.
My client is keen to interview straightaway so please apply today for immediate consideration
SENIOR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
TEL: 01322 293 286
97 total views, 8 views today