£20,000 - £23,000
£20,000 – £23,000
Our client are a leading provider of solutions for weapon design, production and mounting requirements for Infantry, AFV, and Naval platforms. Due to continued growth they are looking for an Assembler (General) to join their team.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Correctly identifying parts and assembling into the various assemblies used in the production of all products
- Carrying out hand painting/marking operations on components
- Building weapon sub-assemblies and other ancillary equipment to comply with the requirements as set out on job cards, works orders, drawings, quality procedures, work instructions and other specified requirements.
- Assembly of small parts with scrupulous attention to detail and engineering compliance / tolerances.
- Carrying out degreasing on components where required
- Assisting with the preservation, packing and despatch of products
- Carry out cleaning of weapons following testing
- Ensuring all work undertaken in-house is conducted in a manner to comply with the requirements of the company’s Quality Manuals, Work Instructions, Health and Safety Instructions as well as all legal obligations pertaining to the safe handling and storage of armaments/weapons under the Company Section 5 approval
- Maintaining the workplace in a clean and tidy state at all times
- Meticulous accuracy & attention to detail with a genuine mechanical interest and ability.
- Experience of a production environment with knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Systems.
- Good communication skills with appreciation of supporting department Design, Purchasing & Inspection needs.
- Commercial manufacturing skills with the ability to work both unaided & within a team.
- A high level of proactivity, fault finding & problem solving.
- Some computer literacy and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- The physical ability to carry out manual handling tasks
- The ability to follow processes accurately
- Strong attention to details
- Good numeracy skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Enthusiasm, professional attitude and willingness to learn
- Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence would be advantageous
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
209 total views, 5 views today