Database Administrator Assistant
Our client is looking for a Database Administrator to join them to support the maintenance of the companies suite of development, test and live databases and applications.
The role has exposure to all aspects of database and application administration e.g. installation, upgrade, backup and recovery, performance and investigating problems.
The successful candidate will have an interest in application development, a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office environments and systems administration.
But more than anything, you’ll be committed to developing a career in IT, bring an enthusiasm to learn and be keen to make the most of this opportunity.
You will be:
- Organised and pro-active, with lots of initiative and an ability to work at pace, you’ll juggle a varied workload, effectively balancing priorities and deadlines.
- Natural problem solver with an analytical mind and thrive on the challenges that come your way
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in dealing with a range of people
- Good telephone manner
- Used to managing third party vendor relationships
Summary of Duties:
- Code and test programming for software
- Develop and deploy computer applications
- Execute code builds to development, test and production environments
- Fix bugs in existing code
- Collaborate with department to spec business requirement
- Maintain documentations per company standards
- Provide testing, documentation, training, and support for third-party software products.
- Resolve user-submitted problems and questions logged on the I.T. helpdesk.
- Understanding of object-oriented software engineering
- Track record of successful database and application administration
- Ability to write clean, well-documented code
- Excellent complex problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of SQL and Microsoft SQL Server
- Solid troubleshooting and communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Visio)
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Experience with coding languages (SQL, VBA, Python, Xaml and Java)
- Familiarity with HTML
- Team working
- Relevant IT qualification is desirable (preferably degree level)
- One to three years of experience in application development
- Experience of developing case management systems (Partner for Windows desirable)
Robert Fox – Senior Recruitment Consultant
Telephone: 01322 293286
Download application form
Apply for this job
537 total views, 16 views today