£35,000 - £40,000
£35,000 – £40,000
Our client is a market leading, global, interconnect specialist. This site employs over 200 people and specialises in the design and manufacture of a diverse range of connectors and interconnect products for a highly demanding customer base in the Aerospace, Military and Industrial sectors.
Due to further growth and investment, they are seeking to recruit Design/Development Engineer who will help deliver unrivalled levels of excellence. The successful applicants will be responsible for designing new products and concepts, in-line with the business requirements.
Duties and responsibilities requirements.
- Designs, verifies, prepares and maintains detailed technical design drawings, schematics or specifications using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software and Microsoft software packages (Excel, Word etc) ready for manufacture.
- Prepares Manufacturing Instructions as required for new products.
- Resolves manufacturing issues within Production readiness review at the early stages of product design and development.
- Works closely with design briefs supplied to resolve design details or discrepancies, or to prepare drawings of unusual, complex, or original designs which require a high degree of precision using CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) equipment.
- Coordinates drawing and drawing control activities.
- Introduces new products and facilitates business continuity, product specifications, design drawings and production notes/reports, along with any ongoing support requirements that are to be documented and maintained.
- Interfaces as necessary with both internal and external customers during the design process.
- Support the design and development of mechanical interconnects with an understanding of the failure mode mechanisms and the principals required to eliminate these. Support the integration of these to customer systems.
- Ensures products are developed to achieve compliance with design objectives.
- Provides a formal handover of designed product from the prototype to production using the stage gates and design reviews.
- Adherence to current company policies typically including COSHH for the introduction of new materials/chemicals into test, development or Production.
- Carry out such other duties that may be reasonably requested.
Essential Qualities include:
- Engineering design obtained / based qualification to HNC / HND level or equivalent
- Engineering design and manufacturing background
- Problem solving skills, both onsite and directly in front of the customer
- Customer interaction skills
- Experience in high voltage and high current applications, and an understanding of failure mechanisms
- Design engineering tools and techniques
- Material selection techniques and skills
- Project management capability and use of the correct tools / processes
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as self-manage
- Good communication skills
Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering with a good understanding of electrical principles
- Experience in Military industry; or Oil and Gas, Aerospace, Subsea or Medical industries,
- Solid Design Engineering background
- Mechanical Engineer with a basic understanding of data rates and electronics
- Experience working within a team
- Demonstrable experience in introducing products into high risk environments (NPI)
- Strong understanding of designing a top-level product which includes all components, BOM, technical processes, operations and logistics
- Strong background in LEAN 5s principals
- Reporting on NPI and delivering to KPIs
- Good working knowledge of materials (Metals, Glass)
- Commercial understanding / business acumen
- Demonstrated understanding of CAD systems
- Demonstrated understanding of Export compliance
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
2,657 total views, 6 views today