£50,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
IT Service Desk – Team Leader
£50,000 – £55,000 + Benefits
Our client is a leading bank dealing with Africa and the Middle East Region, they are now looking for an IT Service Desk – Team Leader. As the IT Service Desk – Team leader you will support the Head of Service Management, the Systems Operations Group (team of 4) to support and facilitate the effective use of the Bank’s IT services and to ensure business needs are met in an optimised way.
You will proactively work to support the users and the delivery of IT services. Responsibilities also include proactive Problem and Change Management as well as identifying, resolving and future mitigation of any related IT issues.
Key work outputs and accountabilities
• Provide 1st line support for all IT services provided by the Bank to all users.
• Supervisory responsibilities for the team (organising rotas, managing tickets, prioritisation calls for incident response, problem management etc.).
• Liaise with internal departments and external IT vendors, to deliver 1st line support, management of IT incidents/requests until closure where possible but if needed handoff to 2nd line support for more complex incidents and problems associated to all IT services.
• Delegate for the Head of Service Management by attending meetings and by being the escalation point for the team and all users.
• Must always be customer focused by always assessing the impact and benefits for customers as the first priority.
• Heading up the Problem Management and Change Management capabilities of the Team.
• Source and collate the monthly service availability stats and ensuring that all necessary monthly reports are produced in an accurate and timely manner.
• Effectively manage workload and appropriately record progress for assigned projects, support and other initiatives within the IT department.
• Carry out the start of day and end of day procedures for the Bank’s systems.
• Responsible for the maintenance of documentation of procedures within the team. Ensure knowledge base documents are created and updated when required.
• Ensure all support is completed within the agreed SLA and champion all IT policies and procedures to ensure all users adhere to them.
• Assist IT leadership in selecting most appropriate vendors for IT services.
• Assist IT leadership in evaluating new technological advances with a view to appropriate use within the Bank’s infrastructure.
• Support hours to be covered from 0700 to 2100 (four shift patterns to be covered).
Required qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate will have strong technical expertise in several technical disciplines, notably:
• Active Directory administration,
• MS Office 2010 & 2016. Exposure to Office365 beneficial.
• Windows server administration (not configuration)
• Windows 10 configuration.
• Citrix XEN App.
• MS Exchange/Office 365
• Cloud based PBX systems.
• Good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrable experience of leading a Service Desk team
• Ability to convey complex information with due consideration for the audience(s)
• Experience and knowledge of Incident, Problem and Change Management
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure and maintain excellent customer service
• Strong process and ITIL Awareness – ITIL foundation certified essential
• Good understanding of IT infrastructure and solutions in a banking environment
• Good knowledge and experience of contingency planning and business recovery
• At least 4 years’ experience in an IT service operational environment required
Robert Fox – Senior Recruitment Consultant
Telephone: 01322 293286
Download application form
Apply for this job
48 total views, 14 views today