£38,000 - £44,000
Lead Engineer/3rd Line Support
£38,000 – £44,000
We are working with a well-established MSP who’s client base range from 5 man companies to multi-nationals, due to continued growth they are looking for a lead/3rd support engineer to join their ever growing team.
We are constantly seeking new technologies to achieve higher performance in our client’s business operations.
You will report in to the Managing Director, you will provide day to day support to all of their client’s infrastructure and security as well as be the key technical and process reference point for junior colleagues. You will work closely with the Support Team ensuring that service quality is delivered and that continuous service improvement is a key focus.
- Weekly review incidents and root cause. Suggest and implement ways to improve configurations, monitoring to reduce the impact of similar incidents.
- Act as a team technical escalation point and resolving more complex incidents.
- Be a dedicated support point for security questions.
- Ensure good working knowledge of infrastructure and monitoring tools across the team.
- Work effectively with external suppliers who are used to deliver elements of our service
- Assist Directors and deputise in their absence.
- Build good trust-based relationships with key customers & customer groups when providing support needs. Ensure that two-way feedback is developed relating to our products and services, current customer priorities, challenges and requirements.
- Ensure that a strong customer service ethos is provided.
Update Security and Network information to accurately account for changes in infrastructure
Test and rollout updates to firewalls, routers and server systems.
Skills & experience:
- Working knowledge of a leading firewall vendor (FortiGate ideal)
- Working knowledge and hardware troubleshooting experience of Windows environments.
- Good knowledge of 0365 plans and features, with some Exchange troubleshooting skills.
- Deployment and troubleshooting knowledge of Apple operating systems
- Good knowledge of Virtualization (HyperV or VMWare)
- Server migration experience
- GPO and simple scripts to deploy and report on environments.
What academic qualifications do you need?
A-Level, HND level of qualification so that both verbal and written communication is at a high level.
Quality experience on a support helpdesk with a variety of technologies (MSP ideal).
Certifications or demonstration that you have shown the initiate to broaden your horizon of technical knowledge.
Robert Fox – Senior Recruitment Consultant
Tel: 01322 293286
Download application form
Apply for this job
288 total views, 13 views today