£16 - £18
Machine Shop Supervisor
Salary: £16 – £18 per hour dependent on experience.
Our client is a special purpose machine building company providing bespoke and innovative solutions for the automotive, hydraulic, pharmaceutical, food, household products and chemical industries.
A privately owned company established in 1961 which has supplied equipment to many of the world’s largest manufacturers with equipment throughout the UK, Europe, Middle-East, Asia, South America and North America.
The client list includes automotive and hydraulic production lines, functional and endurance test machines, automation and assembly systems, honing and bore finishing machines, liquid filling and capping machines and end of line packaging and labelling equipment.
- Control of raw materials, tooling and equipment.
- Balancing workloads between new design and re-work machining.
- Scheduling work priority to ensure timely delivery to assembly department.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues in design and assembly.
- Day-to-day management and development of machine shop staff (currently two CNC milling machinists and two manual turner / millers).
- Ensuring machine uptime and departmental overtime are maintained at the required levels.
- Leading improvement and development activities within the machine shop.
- Hands on assistance with turning and milling machines.
- Assisting with programming and operating CNC milling machines – Haas experience to be an advantage.
- Experience with offline programming.
- A good working knowledge of machine shop equipment and processes.
- A positive outlook with a natural enthusiasm for making improvements.
- Ability to lead and inspire their team to perform.
- Disciplined and well organised.
- A keen eye for detail with the ability to inspect their own work as well as that of others.
- Prior experience of supervising a machine shop would be advantageous, but is not essential.
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
192 total views, 5 views today