£16,500 to £18,500
Salary is £16,500 to £18,500 depending on experience.
Hols 5 weeks plus bank holidays
Mon – Thu 07:30
Fri 07:30 – 12:00
Our client is a leading provider of solutions for weapon design, production and mounting requirements for Infantry, AFV, and Naval platforms. They are looking for a Metal Finisher to join the manufacturing team.
This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager and involves working closely with both Assembly and Manufacturing Departments.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Carry out degreasing and sandblasting operations on components
- Carry out Phosphating operation on components
- Carry out Chrome Plating operations
- Ensure all work undertaken in-house is conducted in a manner to comply with the requirements of the companys Quality Manuals, Work instructions and Health and Safety instruction’s
- Maintain the workplace in a clean and tidy state
- Carry out any other work, as instructed by the Manufacturing Manager, under supervision if necessary.
- Prepare (including masking if required) and apply paint to a range of fabricated metal products to a high standard.
- To carry out basic quality control checks.
- Plan your work to minimise waste of raw materials as well as working in a clean and tidy manner.
- Adhere to the Company’s environmental policies and legal duties, specifically control of emissions, management of solvents and the recycling of waste product.
- Personally make health and safety a priority ensuring you comply with all health and safety instructions.
- To work in accordance with Company operating procedures and guidelines.
- Wear and maintain your respiratory and personal protective equipment at all times
- To read and assess production information for required specification details; working in an organised manner to ensure the task is completed efficiently, to the correct standard and within the necessary time frame.
- To ensure that all Company property issued for use at work is used within guidelines and maintained accordingly.
- To ensure the safe operation of machinery within the area of responsibility.
- To assist in other areas of production within capabilities and commensurate with level in the Company as and when required.
- Meticulous accuracy & attention to detail.
- Experience of a production environment with knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Systems.
- Good communication skills with appreciation of supporting department Design, Purchasing & Inspection needs.
- The physical ability to carry out manual handling tasks
- The ability to follow processes accurately
- Good numeracy skills
- Enthusiasm, professional attitude and willingness to learn
- Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck Licence would be advantageous
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
361 total views, 4 views today