£35,000 - £38,000
£35,000 – £38,000
Our Client provides one of the UKs larger and most accomplished manufacturers of machined and fabricated detailed parts from most types of metals, hard and soft. Their unique capabilities offer a comprehensive and advanced manufacturing service for the Aerospace and Defence Industries. Due to continued growth there are looking for a planning engineer to join them.
As a planning engineer you will determine and develop the most suitable and economically viable engineering methods for projects. You will estimate timescales for completion and ensure progress to plan by working closely with site managers, purchasing and other engineers at all stages, coordinating the materials, plant, equipment and labour in line with customer requirements.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Deciding on the most appropriate engineering techniques and sequences of activities for each project stage.
- Understand and translate customer drawings, specifications, quality and regulatory standards into the engineering plan.
- Ensuring plans meet the client’s specifications.
- Overseeing the project at all stages and providing solutions to problems.
- Provide weekly and monthly status reports highlighting areas of concerns and solutions to mitigate risk.
- Collaborating with site managers, purchasers, engineers and others involved in the manufacture of the product(s).
- Ensuring procedures are carried out safely.
- Participate in project meetings and discussions with the Client as required.
- Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company.
Experience & skills required:
- Degree qualified in relevant engineering discipline
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably aviation
- Excellent planning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Results focus
Senior Recruitment Consultant
telephone – 01322293286
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
207 total views, 5 views today