£35,000 - £45,000
Title: Planning Engineer
Location: Bishops Stortford, Woodside
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Our Client provides one of the UK’s larger and most accomplished manufacturers of machined and fabricated detailed parts from most types of metals, hard and soft. Their unique capabilities offer a comprehensive and advanced manufacturing service for the Aerospace and Defence Industries.
To determine and develop the most suitable and economically viable engineering methods for projects. You will estimate timescales for completion and ensure progress to plan by working closely with site managers, purchasing and other engineers at all stages, co-ordinating the materials, plant, equipment and labour in line with customer requirements.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Deciding on the most appropriate engineering techniques and sequences of activities for each project stage.
- Understand and translate customer drawings, specifications, quality and regulatory standards into the engineering plan.
- Drawing plans; using specialised design software packages.
- Monitor critical activities based on the project schedule and advise project management.
- Set work program and target milestones for each phase based on the project plan.
- Ensuring plans meet the client’s specifications.
- Making estimations for timescales and costs.
- Overseeing the project at all stages and providing solutions to problems.
- Provide weekly and monthly status reports highlighting areas of concerns and solutions to mitigate risk.
- Collaborating with site managers, purchasers, engineers and others involved in the manufacture of the product(s).
- Ensuring procedures are carried out safely.
- Participate in project meetings and discussions with the Client as required.
- Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified in relevant engineering discipline
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably aviation
- Excellent planning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Results focused
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
378 total views, 4 views today