£40,000 - £50,000
Title: Production Manager
Location: Bishops Stortford, Woodside
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000
Reporting to: General Manager
Our Client provides one of the UK’s larger and most accomplished manufacturers of machined and fabricated detailed parts from most types of metals, hard and soft. Their unique capabilities offer a comprehensive and advanced manufacturing service for the Aerospace and Defence Industries.
The Production Manager is responsible for the overall management of the shop floor ensuring products are manufactured to schedule and within quality standards. You will be responsible for identifying and delivering improvements and creative engineering solutions to continuously improve the flow of product through the facility.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Ensure the effective day to day running of the shop floor via accurate and timely capacity planning.
- Identify opportunities for improvement to obtain world class levels of production and on time performance targets, measured against customer required dates.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data.
- Acts as link between General Manager and subordinate levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Assists General Manager in the development and formulation of long and short-term planning and objectives.
- Directs and coordinates various programmes essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g. training, health and safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Ensure effective leadership of direct reports, managing absence, performance, training requirements and employee relations issues.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
Required Education And Experience
- Must have a good knowledge and understanding of all relevant areas of manufacturing including sheet metal, welding and final assembly.
- Proven experience in a similar role in an engineering manufacturing environment, preferably in Aerospace and Defence, or process-oriented operations and/or related industry.
- Proven track record of success in assembly and manufacturing engineering.
Previous experience in Lean 6 Sigma and other continuous improvement methodology.
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
325 total views, 4 views today