Our client is an engineering company based in Kent, they are now looking for a Quality Engineer to join them at an exciting time for the business. They specialise in providing powertrain solutions to the motorsport industry and control the entire process from design to manufacture in-house. They have modern facilities with state-of-the-art equipment to ensure that they are always at the forefront of their field.
As a Quality Engineer your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Quality management systems:
- Reporting to Senior Management main duties will be to maintain and develop the existing the Quality Management System including;
- The management, maintenance and development of the BS EN ISO 9001 QMS and the further development / enhancement of the QMS where applicable.
- To coordinate all activities associated with the above, including the organisation of staff training and internal audits.
- Ready the Differential manufacturing and assembly site for the transition to TS16949 accreditation.
Key Activities (activity / tasks include but are not limited to):
To oversee and hold to account the Quality team dealing with,
- Internal Quality notifications, including engineering change requests and drawing up issues.
- External Quality issues such as customer complaints or issues arising from suppliers or sub-contractors.
- Component update paperwork and roll-out
To attend regular meetings to discuss any Quality issues arising including KPIs, objectives and continual improvement.
Liaising with the relevant departments you will need to ensure that parts requiring rework are done so within an agreed time frame.
Collation and archiving of all data related to the QMS.
To create and maintain all data related to PPAP / ISIR submissions.
To take an active role in continuous improvement including 5S.
To take an active role within the inspection departments and provide cover where necessary.
To audit sub-contractors and suppliers when required.
Audit the company for readiness to obtain TS16949 accreditation. Due to increasing orders, the company will need to work towards becoming a Tier 1 supplier for the automotive sector on a specific line of product.
This job description is designed to help you in the understanding of the role and is not intended to be a definitive list of duties as flexibility in meeting company needs is required by all employees.
Senior Recruitment Consultan
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
320 total views, 4 views today