£22,500 - £25,000 a year
Competitive DOE – £22,500 – £25,000 a year
My clients a manufacturing company within commercial ventilation products. They are dedicated to developing and creating products that have a positive and energy efficient effect on the environment. We are looking for a Saw Operator for their Maidstone site.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate double headed mitre saw to cut, mitre, and trim aluminium profiles according to optimisation lists.
- The aluminium profiles will be delivered to the saws in stillages by the stores personnel but the loading of the profiles from the stillage to the saws will be completed by the saw operator, with assistance as necessary.
- Selects and installs blade on machine, using hand tools.
- Positions guides, stops, holding blocks, or other fixtures to secure and direct workpiece, using hand tools and measuring devices.
- Mounts workpiece in holding device manually.
- Verifies dimensions of finished workpiece, using measuring devices.
- Ensuring all cut pieces are labelled correctly inc Size, Product Code and Job Number
- Keeping a safe and clean work area
- Visually inspecting the materials before and after processing, reporting any defects or faults
We are ideally looking for experienced operatives with a machine-based manufacturing background/ window production experience who want to join a highly successful and growing local employer.
You will ideally be familiar or have knowledge of:
- Double Head Mitre Saw Operation (Desirable)
- Window production experience
- Health and safety at work
- Working to set quality and safety standards
Robert Fox – Senior Recruitment Consultant
Tel: 01322 293286
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
314 total views, 12 views today