Senior Infrastructure Engineer
We are working with a leading insurance company and they are looking to add a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you will report to the Group Head of IT and IT managers at each location. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will deliver technical infrastructure services by designing, maintaining and developing the infrastructure environment, analysis of business requirements, identifying opportunities and pursuing these in line with business objectives, with a particular focus on data systems, process and documentation.
You will be passionate about IT, tracking industry trends and maintaining up to date knowledge of new technologies.
- Support and Maintain hardware and software across all offices, ensuring the best use of available technology.
- Research and develop the infrastructure to support business initiatives.
- Carry out continuous assessment of the use of and processes around the environment, with recommendations based on best practice, efficiency, value to the business.
- Support team member development by analysing complex infrastructure issues, documenting and communicating findings and solutions to the team.
- Provide guidance and internal consulting expertise.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders with regular communications.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating accountability, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration and creativity.
- Manage own professional development by soliciting feedback and identifying relevant training opportunities.
- Provide senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding system enhancements to deliver real benefits to the business. You will facilitate the implementation of standards of practice in all technology solutions.
- Work with the relevant IT managers to review, design and manage all IT infrastructures across the group.
- Participate as a subject matter expert in projects and implementations requiring your expertise.
- Develop systems and processes to monitor system or product performance.
- Work with 3rd parties such as WAN, hosting, development or XaaS cloud providers.
- Carry out regular Information Security reviews
SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE IN:
- Windows Server 2008>
- MSExchange 2013
- MS SharePoint 2010>
- MSSQL Admin / SSRS
- VmWare vSphere 6.5 >
- MSSQL2008> Admin/SSRS
- Citrix XenApp, Netscaler
- Powershell AD/Exchange/scripting
- Active Directory & Group Policy
- Storage technology inc. SAN & NAS
- Network fundamentals (HP h/w)
- VoIP (Mitel)
- Desktop deployments
- Desktop management
- Data Protection, IT security, PCI
- MSOffice 2010> & Office365
- End user support in Service Desk environment
- BCP / DR
- Technical documentation
- Windows 7>
- BCP planning
- Root cause analysis
- Data Protection
- Applied Systems – TAM
- Fortinet next Gen Firewalls
- AppCheck penetration testing
- iOS/OSX support
- To act at all times within the FCA ‘Principles for Business’ and to comply with all regulatory requirements and specifically in respect to: Treating Customers Fairly, Data Protection, Anti-Bribery and Anti-Money Laundering.
- To understand and observe at all times the firm’s Code of Conduct and the Employee Handbook and associated policies, including – but not limited to – Equal Opportunities, Data Protection, and Anti-Bribery policies.
- Demonstrate a professional and collegial attitude towards all colleagues across the Company, Contribute towards a positive working environment and demonstrate a team-centered work ethic.
- To understand and observe at all times the firm’s Health & Safety policy and procedures. To cooperate and participate with other team members in ensuring that Health & Safety standards are met and maintained.
- To actively contribute towards and participate in the firm’s Annual Performance Appraisal process. Identify and agree goals and objectives for business and personal development on a yearly basis, and participate in the quarterly review process.
- Under supervision from the Group Head of IT, take ownership for ‘Continuous Professional Development’ activity to maintain the requisite competency levels as required by the regulator and the technical demands of the role. Ensure knowledge, skills and abilities remain valid, current and appropriate to prevailing professional standards.
- Understanding of project management
- Ability to research a subject and contribute to a business case
- Excellent root cause analysis skills
- Excellent communication at all levels, written and verbal
- You will be adaptable, multi-tasking and proactive
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Firsthand experience as technical lead on infrastructure projects, including full documentation (Service Catalogue, CMDB, User Guides)
- Proven experience of working with 3rd party service providers
- Financial Services / FCA regulated firms.
- Insurance Industry knowledge.
- A degree in related subject or equivalent experience
- Relevant professional qualifications will be taken in to consideration
MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, CCA
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Significant experience in a similar or preparatory role
- Degree educated, or equivalent, with proven experience.
- Proven data transformation experience
- Ability to analyse, manage and improve complex data systems
- The insurance sector / basic insurance principles not essential as relevant training will be provided
- Experience of Data Protection, IT security, PCI
- Data systems and analysis specific qualification
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Download application form
Apply for this job
379 total views, 6 views today