£30,000 - £35,000 + Overtime
£30,000 – £35,000 + Overtime
We are working with a privately-owned engineering company who due to continued growth have asked us to invite applications for the position of Site Engineer.
As a site engineer you will carry out installations, service and repairs, reactive fault finding and call out on customer sites as well working on projects in the factory.
The person they are looking for should be able to add quality to their team; they will be able to work well on their own initiative or as part of a vibrant team in a growing business.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on hydraulic equipment
- Trouble- shooting equipment malfunctions.
- Consulting with the customer on repair and safety related issues.
- Generating sales leads during service call.
- Completing appropriate documentation.
- Complete all necessary reports and inspections as required.
- Adhere to existing processes whilst contributing to improvements.
The person they are looking for:
- City and Guilds, Or NVQ Equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Practical experience with hydraulic equipment, systems preferred, product training will be given
- Good grasp of the English language (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills as there is extensive customer contact
- Committed to safety
- You must be physically fit and able to work at heights
- Willingness to work extra hours
- Hold a current driving licence
- CSCS Card (Desirable)
- SSSTS or SMSTS (Desirable)
- Confined Space Training (Desirable)
- First Aid at Work (Desirable)
- Fork truck, MEWP, Crane experience (Desirable)
Contributory Pension Scheme
Life and accident Assurance
20 Days Annual Holiday start, increasing to 25 days for length of service.
This is a great opportunity to grow within an already successful and growing business. This position has opportunities for development into supervisory and management for the right candidate.
Hours of Work:
Basic 40hr week
8am to 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday
7am to 3.30pm, Friday
Salary circa £30 to £35K depending on experience
Subject to overtime and call out, earnings expected up to £40k
Overtime available – Monday to Saturday, 1.5 x pay, Sundays 2 x pay
On call rota
Site van and specialist tooling is supplied for site attendance visits.
Get In contact with Rob Fox if your interested!
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job