Soldering and Assembly Worker
Salary: GBP 23296
Hours: Monday – Thursday 7am – 4pm Friday 7am – 11.15am
My client is looking for a new person to join the team.
About the Soldering and Assembly Worker:
This role involves the ability to solder and assemble lighting products for customer sales orders. In this role you may be responsible for several customer orders at one time. Works orders and kits will be picked and delivered to your bench from our storeroom.
The assembly assistant will also take ownership and responsibility for final quality control checks of their finished goods while reporting to a designated team leader. Product training will be given.
Responsibilities of the Soldering and Assembly Worker:
· Carry out assembly work in a manufacturing environment.
· Mixing and filling electronic assemblies with 2 part resins.
· Hand solder wires to printed circuit boards.
· Cut and prep cables.
· Manage your own workload while reporting to a designated team leader.
· Test products at various stages of assembly.
· Identifying any problems to their designated team leader.
· Completing assemblies within time constraints.
· Maintaining workshop cleanliness and safety.
· Produce assemblies with care and attention to detail while ensuring the company high quality is always consistent.
Requirements of the Soldering and Assembly Worker:
Electrical wiring & assembly experience.
· Ability to read assembly and wiring drawings.
· Good manual dexterity.
· Must be flexible and willing to carry out different tasks as required.
· Use of basic hand tools, screwdrivers, pliers, cutters, soldering iron.
· Demonstrate recent experience within a similar role.
· Excellent communication skills.
Benefits of becoming the Soldering and Assembly Worker:
- Discretionary company performance related bonus*
- Private healthcare Inc. Dental and Optical*
- Employee Assistance programme
- 20-days holidays plus bank holidays, rising to 25-days holiday in year two
- Additional holiday for long service*
- Pension scheme – Company matches employee 4% contribution.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Dell advantage for employees with Dell UK
- Casual working environment
- Multiple social events throughout the year
- As much tea & coffee as, you can consume!
* = Dependent on length of service
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Soldering and Assembly Worker role, then please contact Emma Paterson now!
Office Support & Sales
Download application form
Apply for this job