£38,000 - £48,000
Subsidence Consultant (Qualified)
Covering the North /Midlands/East Anglia and the South
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm (with flexibility)
£38,000 – £48,000 + company car + benefits
Our client are currently recruiting for a Chartered Building Professional to work as a Subsidence Consultants, covering the UK who will pro-actively manage subsidence claims in a manner that supports efficient and effective settlement for the policyholder. The role involves managing own caseloads from beginning to end (complex subsidence claims). This role may be home or office based, with regular UK travel and occasional overnight stays.
Main duties shall include but are not limited to:
· To deliver a first class end to end subsidence claims handling service – progressing claims efficiently and fairly.
· To deliver excellence against key measures of reduced duration, cost control and customer satisfaction.
· To understand the technical nature of the claim and set a strategy for resolution understanding each individual demand and likely outcome.
· To prepare initial appraisal reports with cost recommendations. To undertake one off expert / technical reports / defect diagnosis.
· Ensure all planning, Building Regulations, Party Wall and CDM issues are addressed.
· To identify and understand the nature of any blockages and failure demand – take ownership of issues to identify problem at root cause and adopt getting it right first time to enhance the customer experience.
· To take sole responsibility for every claim personally handled – ensure parties are kept informed and work with others to build on end to end flow.
The ideal candidate should have:
· Chartered Building Professional – MRICS/MCIOB/CEng or equivalent is essential.
· Previous experience of handling subsidence claims is advantageous.
· Detailed knowledge of Building Construction.
· Knowledge of Insurance Principles is advantageous.
· Understanding of FCA procedures and TCF.
· Strong organisation and time management skills; to deliver on a variety of actions to tight timescales.
· Good dispute resolution handling skills to manage disputes effectively and proactively.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Download application form
Apply for this job
930 total views, 4 views today