£30,000 - £32,000
Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE)
Salary £30,000 – £32,000
Our client are a leading provider of solutions for weapon design, production and mounting requirements for Infantry, AFV, and Naval platforms. They are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE)to join the quality team.
The role will be the approval-conformity-quality interface between the suppliers and the companies UK Quality department. The role reports to the UK Quality Manager:
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- The SSQI shall be responsible to confirm dimensional inspections of UK sub-contracted manufactured parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies in accordance with the associated Purchase Order, at the supplier premises. The SSQI will also confirm that all the relevant documentation, as applicable, is complete and acceptable; The ‘means of control’ and calibration checks of inspection to the parts shall be agreed between the supplier and the SSQI;
- The inspection shall be conducted in accordance to an agreed inspection sheet criteria, applicable engineering drawing(s), standards and the associated UK purchase order(s);
- The SSQI will provide the Quality representation on behalf of the QM, as part of an embedded cross discipline team working within the Product Development Department
- Working with the Supplier Development Manager, the role shall encompass both the identification and evolution of new suppliers, as well as developing our current supply chain.
- Define and agree with the Quality Control Manager, key components that will be inspected at source, which will in turn allow a better use of internal resource.
- Collaborate with the supplier in the resolution of any issues;
- In the event of non-compliance, analyse the problem with the supplier to identify the root cause and implement an application for a ‘Production Permit’ or ‘Concession’ as appropriate and the corrective action(s);
- The role will entail travel to various supplier facilities;
- The inspector will be required to report the inspection accept / reject information directly to the Quality and Purchasing departments;
- Support to the UK Quality Engineering to identify in-process or supplier trends.
- Must have ‘mechanical’ engineering qualification or experience;
- Ability to work independently;
- Solid experience performing (in-process, where applicable) and final inspection(s) on parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies;
- Solid knowledge of metrology, performing inspections across a range of equipment and metal surface finishing
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 10012
- A sound knowledge of BS 8888 of the key principles required to read & interpret engineering drawings;
- Experience performing First Article Inspections (FAIs), PAPP, 8D reporting and 5 Whys processes.
- Professional conduct and ethics to observe relations with suppliers and clients at all levels;
- Identifying opportunities for continual improvement.
- Experience performing inspections in aerospace or military / defence manufacturing;
Seni0r Recruitment Consultant
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
362 total views, 4 views today