£30,000 - £33,000
Support Engineer – Service Desk
£30,000 – £33,000
An opportunity has arisen for a Service Desk Engineer to join an expanding team, and develop their career in a forward thinking, growing and progressive Managed Service Provider (MSP), who are providing Cloud technology, Hosted services, on site and Remote support provision, consultancy, and support services to their customers
The ideal candidate will have worked in a fast paced, busy customer facing IT support environment, and will have good experience in Cloud based systems such as Azure, and o365 and Windows Active Directory, as well as having basic on-premise networking and server administration skills, who wants to help people, with great customer service.
You will gain extensive experience over the various supported IT systems, on a customer base stretching a wide spectrum, and the opportunity to use this exposure, and the diversity it brings to develop a career in IT, and to take every opportunity to constantly improve your skills in areas you are interested in, through informal and formal training and on the job learning.
- Completing technical support tasks and activities in an MSP 1st and 2nd Line Support capacity, solving IT issues remotely, via phone and using remote support tools.
- Problem solving and closing support calls on Cloud based and on-premise systems, and helping customers with issues they raise or have with their laptops, PCs, and MACs.
- Able to triage, troubleshoot (and solve where possible) issues with Servers, firewalls, WIFI and network equipment, escalating issues where necessary once initial triage has been completed
- Building and configuration of Laptops, MACs and PCs to required and standardised setups and procedures
- Answering telephone calls from customers promptly with excellent customer Service skills in a positive, can-do, customer focused manner at all times.
- Recording, managing and closing support calls to ensure quick valid response and resolution, and prevent non-compliance to Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) in line with ITIL defined processes
- Visiting Customer sites, for regular visits, ad-hoc requests, proactive visits, desk-side support or projects, as required.
- Deliver outstanding customer service, perception and satisfaction to all customers, at all times
- Deliver great teamwork and communication throughout the IT team, motivating the team to create a positive and professional work environment and deliver excellent IT support services to our customers
- Be involved with, and undertake any other duties in the office, or on site, as requested.
If this role interests you, please contact Rob Fox!
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job