£20,000 – £24,000
Our client is looking for a Test Engineer to join their growing team. As a Test Engineer you will be doing production testing, verification and fault-finding of all in-house products at appropriate stages of the manufacturing process.
- Minimum ONC/HNC in Electronic Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- High level of experience within electronic manufacturing and Test environment.
- Thorough understanding of Test Methodologies.
- Excellent familiarity with basic and advanced electronic components and their in-circuit functionality.
- To be very competent in the reading of and interpretation of Circuit Diagrams, with respect to PCB assemblies and systems.
- High level of Fault-finding ability – to be able to Fault-find down to component level.
- Ability to use basic test equipment – e.g. Digital Multimeters, Oscilloscope, bench Power Supplies etc.
- Ability to use more advanced test equipment – e.g. Spectrum Analysers, Network Analysers, Function Generators etc.
- To support the Chief of Test in the fault-finding/repair of Test Fixtures etc.
- To have very good general Communication skills.
- Excellent Team Working skills.
- Confident in dealing directly with Customers.
- Use of Siemens “Test Expert” software package, to generate ASCII file programs for Takaya Flying Probe Machine.
- Experience of RF Testing and Fault-finding of Power Amplifiers (VHF/UHF range).
- Experience of Testing & Fault-finding Switch Mode Power Supply units.
- High Voltage working. i.e. up to 5000V.
- To test assemblies in accordance with written test procedures and achieve production delivery targets.
- To be able to diagnose any faults on assemblies down to a component level.
- To be aware of company health and safety requirements.
- To understand and implement necessary anti-static precautions.
- To follow instructions as indicated on BOM and route cards
- To understand IPC standards with regard to own area.
- To actively participate in the Company’s Continuous Improvement Programme.
- To generate and debug programs for the Takaya Flying Probe Machine.
- To assist other Test staff in Fault-finding of products.
Robert Fox – Senior Recruitment Consultant
Telephone: 01322 293286
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
36 total views, 3 views today