Tier 1 Support Engineer -
Do you have a passion for technology?
Do you have excellent attention to detail, and understand the benefits of first class customer service?
An opportunity has arisen for a Tier 1 Support engineer to evolve and develop a career in a forward thinking, growing and progressive company, providing Cloud technology, Hosted services, on site and Remote support provision, and consultancy and support services.
My Client is looking for a talented engineer who is skilled and capable of working as part of a very busy and dynamic team, as well as being able to remain autonomous and self-sufficient in order to support a wide range of servers and networks for small to medium sized businesses in a very fast paced organization.
- Extensive hands-on experience specifying/configuring/troubleshooting user and customer issues in a changing Windows Desktop and Server environment.
- Extensive experience of supporting and administrating Office 2003-2013, Windows XP-8, Windows Server and active Directory 2003-12 and Exchange 2003-13
- Experience of providing remote support for users and systems, including resolution of technical issues on the phone.
- Working knowledge of Backups strategies, technologies, tape rotation, and restore procedures
- Ability to support centrally controlled and standalone Antivirus software and architecture.
- Working knowledge of firewalls and network infrastructure.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Superb customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal – displays commitment to resolving problems as quickly as possible, showing empathy to customers at all times.
- Excellent team player able to contribute ideas and support fellow team members at all times in ensuring a successful team
- Excellent operational experience, including ownership of Helpdesk system call allocation, prioritisation and escalation of issues.
- Proven Operational and technical knowledge and experience in Implementing first call resolution and completing known fix / workarounds where appropriate in order to deliver excellence in service levels
- Can-do, customer-focused attitude, willing to tackle any issues and resolve to seek solutions wherever possible
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Overall understanding and knowledge of IT systems and technologies
- Ability to multi task, handle high workloads and high call volumes in a busy working environment
- Sound Networking knowledge of TCP/IP.
- An understanding of MAC OS
- Understanding of, basic Server OS and application installations and technical support technologies (e.g. 2003-12, Exchange, Citrix, VMWare)
- Knowledge of security architectures especially with respect to e-commerce and the internet
- Good experience of Blackberry Enterprise Products
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Engineering & Construction
Download application form
Apply for this job
375 total views, 4 views today