GBP25,000 (depending on experience)
Legal Secretary – Private Client
Full-Time, Permanent Role
– GBP25,000 (depending on experience)
My client, a reputable Solicitor’s based in Ashford, is seeking a competent and professional Legal Secretary proficient in audio typing and diary co-ordination to join their Private Client department.
Main duties shall include but are not limited to:
· Providing full secretarial support to the departmental fee earners, including arranging appointments, dealing with client queries in person and by phone, together with preparation of correspondence and documents by audio typing via the digital dictation system;
· Filing, photocopying and opening/closing client files in a timely manner;
· Regular consideration of client files and liaising with partner and fee earners on any action required;
· Maintaining and coordinating diaries and diary notes and reporting on these as necessary.
· Working as a member of the secretarial team; answering incoming calls, greeting visitors to Reception on occasion, collection/delivery of daily incoming/outgoing post and DX, and any other general office administrative duties as required.
· To agree on clear objectives linked to the Firms business plan and participate in the performance management system, assessing performance and giving feedback as relevant.
· To have a personal development plan and evaluate the effect of training on achievement.
Requirements for the role:
· Relevant secretarial experience gained from within a busy legal practice (preferably Private Client)
· Good all-round education; both literate and numerate
· Competent in the use of MS Word and Outlook (Professional) gained in a working environment, preferably the legal industry.
· Proficient audio typist
· Familiar with transcription via Digital Dictation (desirable)
· Confident and assertive whilst sympathetic and understanding towards clients who may be distressed, whilst remaining professional at all times
· Ability to balance priorities in order to meet sometimes demanding deadlines.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, please contact Kirsty Cutts today!
Download application form
Apply for this job